Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day Two

It's day two of Luke's basketball camp and they are having a ball! They won two out of three games yesterday and will go at it again today. Last night at JW's baskeball practice, Luke was invited to play too, he loves to play with the older boys.

Sarah's team won their game, she got on base twice and scored two runs. It was a late game, we didn't get home until 9:30 pm.

It's been so hot lately causing Holly to go off feed for a day and dropped in milk. Boy was that nerve wracking having to think about her all day and wondering what was wrong. But as soon as she got out of the barn and into the cooler night air she began eating again and talk about a relief! She was eating well this morning too.

Today, Jake and Sarah and I will travel down to one of Luke's games, I shouldn't because I've got so much to do, but since the mountain of laundry has been reduced to a hill and I vacuumed up the hay chaff in the corners of the kitchen, I feel a little better about leaving. :)

As I look out my window this morning I can see the wheat has really turned in the last couple of days. It's such a beautiful golden color and soon, we'll be baling straw!

No comments: