Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Back from Nashville

For those of you who were wondering how I could make it to Nashville and back all in one day...it was Nashville, Michigan! The Michigan Junior Holstein Association sponsored a Dairy Fun Day at Mooville Creamery owned by The Westendorps. It was a great day and around 90 kids showed up for it. There were educational stations set up for all age groups and we had donuts for breakfast, pizza for lunch and ice cream sundaes. They also had farm tours set up in the afternoon. We skipped the farm tours though, we had to get back because I had to milk, Sarah had a ballgame, the cattle from Nebraska that are being sold in our District II sale on Friday had arrived at the fairgrounds and JW and Luke had to help milk and wash them...so it was a very busy day.

When we got home I had to go get basketball shoes for JW, he had practice last night as well. So let's see, Luke was out at the fairgrounds, JW and Jake stayed home to help me milk, Bobby went after hay and Sarah caught a ride to her ballgame in Waldron. After we got done milking, I took JW up to the school, Bobby got home and we washed the pipeline and let the cows out then hopped in the truck and picked Luke up from the fairgrounds and headed to Waldron to catch the last hour of Sarah's game. They ended up losing and we came home, JW had to get a ride home from practice and when we got home Bobby and I went out to the barn and finished up what chores we left so we could see Sarah's game. At 10:30 pm we were all visiting about the day and then retired for the night.

That's not even close to my day from Monday, but since Bobby isn't fully recovered from his surgery, I have to head back out and clean gutters with Luke so Bobby can just lay down for a while. I'll write more later. Oh... a wonderful blessing from yesterday was that the cow that was calving when I left for Nashville...had a heifer calf! Her name is Pontoon...don't ask me!

No comments: