Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Great Games

It's another sunny morning here on the Knolltop. It promises to be a very hot day. I've got my cup of coffee and I'm heading into a full day of getting ready for the District II sale tomorrow. JW is already out to the fairgrounds and Luke has gone to help the neighbor move some hay. Then Luke and the neighbor are going to replace one of the batteries in the tractor. After that, Luke and I will load up Fantasia and take her to the fairgrounds for the sale. I'm going to miss her, she is one of our show heifers and she's been very easy to break and is a dream to show. I hope whoever buys her will take her on the tanbark trail this summer.

It's said that Luke played the best game of his life last night. He pitched the first game and had a double and a triple. In the second game he played first base. I can't remember ever seeing him play first base, it was kind of boring though, so I left and went to watch Jake's game in Pittsford. Although I was planning on going to Jake's game all along, I should've stayed at Luke's game. That boring game transformed into a drama filled game. They ended up going into extra innings and one of the opposing team's coaches got thrown out and we won! Luke caught a line drive to the arm and it swelled right up, so this morning he's "enjoying" his injury.

Down at Pittsford, Jake caught the whole game and I really can't tell you how he batted. But I do know this; he was trying to catch a ball and tag a guy out and got plowed over, knocked the wind out of him and now he has a great story to tell. He loves to tell the stories, over and over and over again. They ended up losing the game.

Well, better get on my strawberries and I've got to write this morning too. All of a sudden I'm feeling a little crunched for time!

No comments: