Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, December 14, 2007

Another win

Mark up another win for Dub's team. Last night they beat Waldron and JW only had 2 fouls. I have to laugh at the dads who sit up there and everytime a foul is called they'd yell..."Good Foul! That was a good foul!" Since when are fouls good? I really don't know much about basketball.

We have a night off tonight...no basketball, Christmas programs, rehearsals...nothing! We can come in from chores, relax by the fire, enjoy the Christmas tree and eat popcorn. Now that sounds good, but I'm sure Luke and Jake will be playing basketball in the livingroom while Sarah yells for them to stop and I'm in the kitchen packing a lunch for a busy day tomorrow and making sure all the uniforms are washed.

Tomorrow is the Top Ten Invitational Sale at MSU. Burton and Fellers are putting it on and Aaron Jorgenson is hosting it. This is more than just your average Holstein sale...this is an event in the Holstein world. Anyone who is anyone will be there to see and be seen and spend lots and lots and lots of money on high profile cows. This is an annual sale and is one of the more prestigious events. So of course since it's only an hour away, we will go and I will take pictures and notes and try to get a good story out of the deal. I spend most of the time asking Bobby, "Who's that, he looks familiar? Do you know him? I want to meet him, come introduce me....Oh, that's her?"...and on and on and on. I love to watch people at these kinds of events. And no, we won't be taking our checkbook!

While we are at the sale, Luke has a scrimmage with Climax...so he will go with our friends to that. Then on the way home, we will drop JW off at our Pastor's house. Our Pastor's son, Brandon, is on the Jackson Christian basketball team and we play them Saturday night. So JW will ride with Brandon to the game and we will come home, do chores and drive back up north to the game. I think I'm tired already. This game stuff on Saturdays is new...we've never had to do this but since girls basketball is going at the same time as boys this year, they've had to really work in games where they can because the gyms are being used so many time. Used to be the girls basketball was in the fall and volleyball was in the winter but not now.

Well, today I've got to get some groceries and make sure all the uniforms are clean.

Thanks so much for your Christmas memories...they will make a nice column....a long one...but a nice one.

No comments: