Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, December 8, 2007

This and that

It's a balmy 30 this morning on the Knolltop and as I write, it's still dark and I'm headed to cook up breakfast. I think we'll have pancakes and bacon and sausage. Yes, I'm big on the pig...gotta have those nitrates...which I've recently learned they aren't as bad for you as we all thought.

First of all...thanks to those of you who have already sent your Christmas memories...I'm so excited about this...like I said, I will be sharing these with 75000 readers in the midwest when they go in my column. Keep them coming...the way I teared up yesterday I know they will resonate with the farm community. There is just something special about farm folk!

Secondly, if you want to hear a good discussion about the use of technology in agriculture and the misconceptions of the consumer you need to listen to yesterday's (Dec 7) Rural Route with Trent Loos, Kyle Bauer and Duane Toews. They really hit on some things in food production that we all need to think about as agriculturalists. Go to http://ruralrouteradio.com and click on Friday.

Thirdly...that's not a word, I know...but it follows...today is a busy day. Jake and Sarah have basketball practice, Luke and JW will be working for the neighbor after they get done with chores here and I wanted to go get our Christmas tree and hit the grocery store before the ice storm hits tonight. We'll see if I get all that done!

No comments: