Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Beautiful Sunrise

We're having a pretty sunrise this morning...the orange sky is casting it's hue across the corn field outside my window. I guess I'm ready for cold weather...kind of...

Last night we traveled to Camden for Luke's game and both the 7th and 8th grade won. So that keeps Luke's team undefeated. Luke only had 6 points. It's always fun going to a Camden game because I get to see all the people I used to work with at the Farmers' Advance. Although it was 17 years ago that I worked there, we still see each other throughout the year at sporting events...they are like family to me. They were and still are and awesome bunch of people!

How is it that a video auction can be so addicting? Every day at coffee time when Bobby and I sit down to drink our afternoon cup of coffee before heading out for chores, he looks to see if there is a cattle auction on RFD-TV. For the past two weeks we've found ourselves glued to watching a video of beef cattle meandering through pastures while we hear an experienced auctioneer cry the sale. It's an addiction...we could watch it all day long...our kids can't figure it out...they just shake their heads and walk through the room. I guess it's a great distraction for a few minutes...and it's cheaper than being there with a bidder number in your pocket.

Time for heifer pen cleaning!

No comments: