Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's official

We are officially snowed in! We had about 8 inches last night...although it's hard to tell since it's blowing like crazy out there. The road crews have been by, but it drifts in as fast as they plow it out. Bobby is out there right now trying to clean out a place for the milk truck to back in....yes, the truck driver thinks it's no big deal...good thing for us dairy farmers!

Yesterday was absolutely crazy! The kids got up early and helped finish up chores. Then we dashed up to East Lansing for the Top Ten sale while Luke went to his scrimmage. (Luke's team is still undefeated) We had a great time at the sale and I even got to get in the auctioneer's box and do a little selling, actually fund raising for the spring jackpot show. More on that later. After we drank lots of eggnog, provided by Mooville Creamery and ate lots of free donuts and visited with lots of great cow people...we headed back home to milk the cows and head to JW's game. It was snowing pretty good on our way to Jackson Christian and we knew we would probably get the 12 inches they were predicting. After watching JW's team beat Jackson Christian and the varsity team lose to them, we ventured home through the blowing snow.

Back home in our warm house we visited about the events of the day and analyzed the games of the day and then we all burrowed under our covers on the blustery winter night. We woke up to a bunch of snow and it has continued to snow ever since. At the moment, all the kids are outside playing in the snow and having a good time. I think I'd better get on hot chocolate detail.

By the way...there wasn't a church in the area that had services today...well except a handful had services for the town folk who can walk to church.

Well I'll post a few photos for you to see what it's like outside and give you a glimpse of yesterday's sale and then I'm off to bake a few Christmas goodies and make some cocoa for the kids! I love being snowed in!

No comments: