Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Don Imus

Okay, since Linda brought up the question of how Don Imus got on RFD-TV, we'll visit that issue.

I don't know why he ever got on...their publicity was that rural America called in and wanted him. I'm not sure why. My question was, who knew Don Imus before he got into this trouble over his racial slur? I didn't but I guess those who listen to a lot of talk radio did.

After investigating him and his Don Imus Ranch for kids with cancer I was unimpressed. Why? Because his wife, Deidre, serves all vegan food. Which means there are no animal products used in their menu. She doesn't believe that animals should be used for human benefit. Okay, is anyone confused yet? Why would RFD-TV put anyone on their network that is totally against their network audience? RFD-TV is for rural America...they have farming shows, horse shows, equipment shows, tractor shows, everything to do with agriculture and yet a three hour time span is devoted every weekday morning to a man who's wife is against animal agriculture. That's a problem in my book...how about yours? Besides, like I said in Rural Route Radio, he has an ego as big as this galaxy and has a face for radio....not TV!

Because I believe in being the squeaky wheel, I wrote a letter to RFD-TV about my concerns and asked them to take him off the air. I never heard back from anyone from RFD-TV. I've only heard that people in the industry think that Imus will bring RFD-TV down. He's already done that in my book!

Okay, off to the day's events. I have to take Sarah to a friends house for the day and then do a little shopping! And JW's team lost yesterday....they just weren't themselves. So we'll look forward to next week when hopefully they can get back on the winning track!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Don Imus issue. Shame on RFD-TV for giving their precious time to someone with very little agriculture background! They should have contacted you, Melissa, if they had open time slots. I KNOW you would have much to add to their programing! Maybe I should put a bug in their ear...
Yes, Four Dot Dairy is in business again. We are launching a cow share program with BALC, a co-op in Billings. So far, everything is progressing as planned, with MANY people on board. I just hope we can keep up!
Tom is learning that not cows love him as Betsy does. What we don't wear off our noggins we wear off our keisters! ;)

Thanks for the great blogspot; we love reading about your family doings.

Ginny
Four Dot Dairy

threecollie said...

What an outrage! We don't get RFD any more, but we used to really enjoy it. I can't imagine what programming folks were thinking!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, I will write my letter. Linda