Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Are you done shopping?

It's a warm 20 degrees out on the Knolltop this morning. Lot's of snow, but it's all cleared out so now I'm cleared to head to town today for some shopping.

Okay...I'll admit it, I'm a last minute shopper and I hate that about myself. If I see something in July that would make a great Christmas present, I can't wait to give it, I have to give it right away. If I don't give it away I hide it somewhere never to be found until well into the next year. So with that kind of track record, it's no wonder I haven't bought a Christmas present yet.

Today I will get started because tomorrow is Sarah's birthday. That will get me to the store and I will hopefully be inspired to buy some gifts. I also have to get her some black slacks for her Christmas concert tonight.

Last night we had a pictionary tournament. Jake and I won. We were in the last round against the two biggest competitors of the tournament...JW and Luke. We had to win...we just had to...and we did. But I have to come clean...we cheated. While they were up doing their shuck and jive thing getting psyched for the last play of the game.....being really loud and obnoxious, I quickly told Jake the answer. Yes, it was wrong...totally wrong...and I'm feeling really guilty, not only did I cheat but I taught my 10 year old how to do it! I'll have to confess at dinner today....oh the pain of conviction!

Better get to breakfast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mostly finished shopping yesterday, like you I find it very difficult to shop any earlier. But there are many sales now! I think everything I bought yesterday was discounted. A good reason to wait. Linda

LoriLiz said...

Just goes to prove, "cheaters never prosper!!!"
Lori