Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hockey time

Good morning from the snowy Knolltop. The snow is coming down and it's sticking which makes for a pretty morning. But I don't think it's going to stay, we're supposed to warm up today.

JW has a basketball tournament today and tomorrow, so we are back on the bleachers at noon in Jonesville. I'm so excited because it's not at chore time. We can actually see the game from beginning to end without missing any of JW's fouls! Win or lose they will play at least one more game tomorrow, if they win they will play two games tomorrow.

Yesterday Luke and Jake spent the day on the ice. Luke got new hockey equipment for Christmas and headed out to see if there was enough ice. Remarkably there was...so he and Jake invited Brad over and they played most of the afternoon. Right before dinner the phone rang and it was Luke (he had my cell phone) asking me if I wanted to come out and play....I hated to refuse, but I had to, it was dinner time. They needed one more player to make the teams even, so when I couldn't come, they called in their friends and all of a sudden I had a three extra bellies at the table for dinner!

After dinner they were headed back out to the ice til dark, but then the neighbor needed help loading hay, so they all went down to help load up some hay and by the time they got done it was nightfall. A little darkness didn't slow them down, they headed for the hockey arena anyway and had a great time. They got back just in time for some snacks and a little game of ghost in the graveyard. While they played outside, Bobby and I sat down in our quiet livingroom with a bowl of popcorn and read the paper.

Better get breakfast on the table!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the Hart family has a Great Holleyday Season!! Hope you find my wit!! F.R.

Anonymous said...

You probably know that Ms Barbara has a heifer calf. As I drove home Christmas Eve in the full moonlight, what did I see in my amazement as I drove by the barn, but Ms Barbara and her new baby in the fresh fallen snow. What a beautiful sight. Can't you just imagine the shepherds in Bethlehem many years ago?
I hope your Christmas was a blessed one.

Melissa Hart said...

Yes, Frank, we had a great Holleyday! You are too clever for words. Hope you had a great Christmas too and I hope you have a great MOO Year!
Melissa :)