Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Early Christmas present

Well, it was a good day out in the barn this afternoon. Just like we wanted, Holly went excellent...with 90 points. We wanted 91, but he said she needed another calf through her and her best days are ahead.

The real surprise was Elvira who also went excellent. She was in one of our first heifer crops and she has just steadily gone up a point every time she's been classified. Now she is excellent and we didn't expect it at all! That is kind of an early Christmas present for us.

After the classifier got done scoring the cows, he came in and had coffee and a sweetroll with us and he and Bobby talked cows and cow people and I just sat and marveled at how they knew all the same people and all the same cows but didn't know each other. I just love listening to people talk about cows and when they start telling stories from the old days...that's even better. I'm sure the stories are much better than the actual events...but I don't care, it's still fun listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! ITs still a thrill to get that excellent! PH

Anonymous said...

Congratulations , but you need to be more politicaly correct. Our last three clasifiers were young ladies.
Francis and Pat