Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Cooperation is a good thing

It's snowy here on the Knolltop. It looks and feels like Christmas!

Last night Luke's team racked up another win against Litchfield. Luke had a great game and was the high scorer with 17 points. Their team has pretty much skunked everyone they've played so Luke hasn't had to work too hard at getting better. So last night when he was cleaning gutters before going to the game, his father told him he needed to shoot for being above average and work on getting more offensive rebounds. Well, Luke did exactly what Bobby told him to do...and it paid off. He just looked like he was trying a bit harder instead of just doing enough to win. Tonight Dub has a game against Waldron...I guess it's going to be physical...I have bets that JW will foul out before the third quarter. He loves to foul people.

On another note...cooperation was the name of the game yesterday. I went to pick up the kids from school and swap JW's truck for my van. I ran out of gas in his truck half way there. I pulled into a drive way and called JW at school. He collected the kids and picked me up and we headed for the farm. I told Sarah to put the hamburgers under the broiler and gave her the rest of the dinner preparation orders. I told Jake to set the table while JW and I got his pickup gassed back up. We went and got the gas, JW went to practice and I got back home just in time to sit down for dinner. After dinner I picked up Luke from FFA practice and got back home to put the milkers on just five minutes late. Luke cleaned the gutters, Jake cleaned his heifer pen and Bobby ran them to the game. JW got home just in time to do the rest of Luke's chores, Sarah did the rest of Jake's chores and we got done in time to clean up and head to the basketball game where we saw the last few minutes of the 7th grade game and all of Luke's game.

I told the kids how important their cooperation was and that we couldn't have gotten it all done on time without their good work and great attitude. I think when you expect good things from your kids....you get it....most of the time.

A reply to horse slaughter and pack envy all to come...if I get to it today! Gotta get to chores.

2 comments:

threecollie said...

How well I remember those days of getting the chores done and shuttling the kids to all their assorted destinations!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it does take team work. Those days are behind me but now it's grandchildren's games, fun.
Linda