Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cleaned up and happy

Well, yesterday I whinned about all our troubles...and today I'm feeling so free! Why is it that cleaning something that has needed attention for a long time feels so good? My back room is where we come in from the barn and take our barn clothes off. Needless to say, it can get pretty raunchy out there at times. It's also my "collect-all" place, if I don't know what to do with a shoebox, but I don't want to throw it away because it will make a great cupcake transporter or a display box for a tractor collection at the fair or a barn for an indoor farm set up...I just put it in the back room. Well, you can imagine how that can get from time to time. But today it is beautiful!

My garage was also a great place to put unwanted things....now that is clean! I can actually put my van in there! I'm feeling so free, I will now go to my closet and get a little freer feeling today! Then when guests come and Jake gets the impulse to show them every dirty nook and cranny on our farm, I won't go into hysterics trying to come up with some excuse why they need to stay seated at the table while I casually give Jake the "If you take them out of this room, I cut off your toes" look!

Off to perk the coffee!

No comments: