Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, July 30, 2007

More like summer

It's supposed to be more like summer these next few days. So all the sweaty work needs to be done early in the morning...which is what I have planned today. We will continue to haul junk...the boys will again miss out since they're on their way to the neighbors to work in the hay. I know how disppointed they'll be so I'll save the heavy stuff for them...I'd hate for them to feel left out.

In two days I will have a teenage driver in my house. JW will get his license and I don't know how to react. He has to buy his own gas so that will keep him from wandering off too far. He hates to spend his own money.

Okay...when it rains it pours. Keep in mind, I only tell you this because I know that if you think you have it bad, all you have to do is look around and know there is always someone worse off than you. I told you yesterday that the ceiling was leaking in the bathroom...conveinently over the tub...how cleaver...yesterday I went out in the back room and found the freezer unplugged and has been for a few days...yes...it's all that bad and worse....and across the road in the barn, one of the fan motors on the milk compressor is bad. A cup of warm milk anyone? Yes, two milkings worth of milk will have to be dumped..but we will get paid for part of it. So we are currently trying to get that fixed and I will clean out the freezer today...anyone want to come help?

One the brighter side, we had a heifer born yesterday afternoon, her name is Marnie and mom already cleaned! All my kids are healthy and the sun is shining yet another day. God is still on control and will continue to be so I don't have to worry about that too. Now if anyone would like to pray for us...that would be a great thing!

No comments: