Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, July 6, 2007

Getting ready

We are busy getting ready for Dairy Days. That is our state Holstein Show in East Lansing. It is a week of fun and exhaustion but one we just can't miss, it's like the county fair, who can miss the county fair? Anyway we are busy getting ready for it, yesterday we went to town and bought all the shavings we need for bedding and I made out my order for NASCO. That's where we get most of our show supplies since the local places don't have what we want. And it's always cheaper in NASCO.

The kids worked with their heifers and helped Bobby fix the manure spreader while I wrote my column and a feature story.

Today I get to go renew my license and get new tags for the truck and the van....how fun! :( JW's excited because he gets to schedule his driving test, I can't believe that he will be alone in a vehicle in less than a month....watch out world!

I finally found my hoe! So today, instead of using a rake, I will get to use a hoe in the garden that is in desperate need of attention.

No comments: