Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, July 2, 2007

Feels like Fall

It was sooooo cool this morning, like 45 degrees cool! If it weren't for the green corn and golden wheat, I would've thought I was waking up to October 1st.

Last evening after chores, the kids were out working with their heifers and every year I like to get pictures of them. The older boys were getting pretty goofy, as you'll see in the pictures below. Jake has trouble getting his heifer to behave, but when Luke gets on the halter she's all business.

We dehorned everything on Saturday, that is a relief to have it all done. This morning the bull calf that we pulled last week will go to the sale barn. Holly still isn't 100%, I'm just not sure she'll make it to the summer show....but I keep praying for her.

The boys are out changing the inflations in the milkers and then they will roll up wire that isn't being used anymore in the pasture. Jake and Sarah are headed out to work with their heifers. I put my foot down yesterday and said that anyone who doesn't work with their heifers every day until the show will not go. I hope I can stick to that! :)

No comments: