Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, July 21, 2007

From cows to tractors

It is a cool, sunny morning on the Knolltop. Good Morning!

We are finally done with the All Michigan Holstein show and the whole week seems like a blur. Yesterday we went up and helped out with the show and had a lot of fun. (By the way, Todd Watts had champion and Koebels had reserve.)

We came back home and did chores and then the boys fired up their tractors to head to Boardman Farms for a tractor show. They only took one tractor down last night...actually a friend pulled JW's tractor down there...it's not exactly independently mobile. Luke's tractor needs a new fuel line, that is getting worked on this morning and mine and Jake's tractor is not going. I just don't want to fool with it. Blame it on too much cow show, but I'm too tired to monkey around with a tractor that might quit half way there. Besides, I want a John Deere A,B,C,D,G, any old putt putt, and it can even be in it's working clothes for all I care, I just want an old John Deere that runs when I want it to run! Enough of my ranting and raving!

So today we will go to this tractor show south of us. It's not a public show, it's by invitation only...doesn't that sound special....not really, they just don't want the liability of having a public show, so they invite people and have a tractor show. We've not been able to make this one before, even though we've been invited, it's always been right before Dairy Days...and there's no time for a tractor show the day before we leave for a cow show.

I'll take my camera so you can see all of us pigging out on roast pig and all the trimmings and yes, I might even take a picture of a tractor or two!

No comments: