Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

We're home, part way

Good Morning from the Knolltop. We're home...kind of. Yesterday I brought the heifers and two kids home from Dairy Days. I left the other two boys up there to work the Holstein Sale and then JW will do the dairy judging contest today and Dairy Management tomorrow. Luke has to help do some things for the Holstein Association today. But Jake and Sarah and I are home for one day and then we'll go back up for Thursday and Friday to help run the Holstein show.

Usually we stay the whole week, but this year we didn't have much in the way of quality cattle to show so we just decided to let Jake and Sarah do their thing and come home. They did a great job of taking care of their "show string." Jake's first time out was successful in my eyes. Success in mom's eyes is taking the calf in the ring and having it behave without running off on him...regardless of his placing. But obviously that's not Jake's idea of success. He still had a good time.

Sarah on the other hand had a great day in showmanship. She started out in 6th place and worked her way up to 2nd. There is one boy who always beats her and beating him is her personal goal. They are the same age and this will always be a rivalry. She came very close to beating him...but he had the edge yesterday. Next time!

Right now, this farm is grand central station....more later!

No comments: