Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, July 5, 2007

On to Dairy Days

With only a week and a half left before our summer show, it's time to get crackin'! The kids have been faithful at working with their heifers each day, in fact this morning I looked out the front porch (it's not the main entrance) and I saw a pile of manure...hmmmm...I asked where that came from and found out it was from Hollywood, a show heifer. Now most of the time the calves are worked across the road by the pole barn and very rarely will you ever see a cow over on this side of the road. But I guess her trainer, Luke, had some business at the house while he was working with Hollywood and they came visiting. I told Luke if he didn't want flies in his supper, he'd better take care of the pile.

Today will entail writing, a trip to town for errands and oh yes, a visit to the Secretary of State's office for new tags for the vehicles. And it's my lucky year, I get to renew my license too!

No comments: