Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two Boys

Yesterday Jake and I had the rare chance to be together without anybody else. We ran some errands in town and of course on our way we had to stop and celebrate Ice Cream Month! While we were eating our ice cream we were discussing Jake's future. He was telling me where he was going to live and how I could ride to town with his wife and kids whenever I wanted to.

Then we began talking about his kids...this is how our conversation went:
How many kids are you going to have?
Two.
Boys or girls?
Two boys.
What are you going to name you two boys?
Humpy Almondinger and Frank.

Laughter ensued for about 10 minutes as we both just fell out! We laughed and laughed together, it was so funny. He gave than answer without skipping a beat...it was so absolutely funny it still makes me giggle! Sometimes that kid can come up with the best stuff...I'm so glad I have him. But I can't imagine showing off my infant grandchild at church and saying, "Yes, isn't he cute, his name is Humpy Almondinger."

No comments: