Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, July 9, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hotter

It's been hot and humid and it's going to be that way again today. Yesterday afternoon I took the kids swimming at our neighbors. Someone asked me about "our" pool. Let me explain...we have some friends who live a few miles away, they have a dairy farm and their kids are grown. They've also got a really nice pool and hot tub that no one uses because they are all gone. So we go over there frequently and they love it because we keep the pool stirred up. Anyone who has ever owned a pool knows it's easier to keep clean when people use it. So we feel it's our duty to help keep the pool clean. I feel so decadent going over there because it's a beautiful setting, with lots of outdoor furniture. So I take my bottled water and a magazine or a book and I read for a while then I get in a cool off and then I get out and read some more. We had a bonus yesterday, the lady of the house came and visited with me the whole time and when we left she gave us ice cream! They are very generous friends and we really are spoiled!

By the way...a friend of mine sent me an article about women being the boss in the home. The article had some research that pointed to women being in charge and men just standing by and saying, "Okay honey, whatever you say."

I don't think that's the norm, but maybe I'm misled. Tell me, how is it in your household? Who says "jump" and who says "how high?" in your home?

No comments: