Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Cool Mom

Good Morning from the Knolltop! It's foggy and a little warmer yet, I think the aged thermometer reads 60 already. I say the thermometer is aged because it is. It's one from the local hardware store in Hillsdale and the phone number on it is only two digits. How many years ago did we have two digit phone numbers? I can remember party lines and not having to dial the area code if you were calling a number that was in the same area code...but two digit numbers? Can anyone tell me how long ago that was?


Okay...now I have to let you know you are reading the blog of a "cool mom." That's according to the girls over at the school. A couple of weeks ago, JW came home telling me that the girls in his class think I am really cool. They also said, I was so beautiful and they hope they can have that kind of natural beauty when they get to be my age....oh those little girls are so precious, I just love them!

But seriously, what they don't realize is they are all so very beautiful themselves. Each one of them could be on the cover of a magazine with their flawless faces! But they didn't stop there, which they could've...then they went on to say that Bobby doesn't look his age and if JW was going to look that good at that age they wanted to marry him. JW just grinned and walked away.

Then to take the cake, last night while we were milking Luke said that his girlfriend, yes, he has a new one and I'm not all that joyous over him having any kind of girlfriend....but.....she made some brownie points when she told Luke that I was cool. She thought I was so funny and so nice. Luke promptly pointed out that she didn't know me and that if she spent time in the barn while we were milking she would have a different opinion.

Now, I don't know why he said that, I'm no different in the barn than any other time. I milk and then I try to teach him how to dance properly or I try to hug him if he's got his back turned. If he's bouncing a basketball, I school him a little. But I'm not all that strange in the barn...honestly, I don't know what he is talking about.

In the meantime...I'm going to enjoy my cool status...it may not last long when those cute gals over there at the school learn that I'm not in favor of any girl touching my sons in any way shape or form and they can't date until their 40....well let's reconsider that age...I do want grandchildren before I'm 70.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a 1960 plat book and there are phone numbers in there
like Howell Co-Op phone 87 and
Don Main Cadillac phone 515 and
Gleason Stage trucking CA 3-9434
Francis and Pat

Melissa Hart said...

Wow, those are some names I haven't heard it a long time...isn't that cool! Although I have to say, 1960 isn't that long ago...:)