Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Different kind of morning

It's windy, cool and spitting rain. It feels and smells like a storm moving in. But I think it's supposed to clear off.

I'm feeling a bit more normal now. We've had a couple of nights of popcorn eating and homework doing....so we're getting back into the routine. Tonight Bobby has to run the chains at the Junior High football game and I'll stay home and milk.

JW is still getting up and milking for the neighbors. He's in a better mood in the mornings after he's gone out and done something. I don't know if he's content because he's making money or just the physical activity makes him feel better.

We've been getting on the internet to see who won what classes out at Madison. It's my only way to be connected to the show...they have lots of pictures of each class so that's fun. So far a Michigan Jersey owned by Greta Koebel of Three Oaks won Junior Champion of the Junior Show and I saw that Craig Martin of Springport was 10th in a heifer class...which is nothing to sneeze at when you're showing at one of the best shows in the world.

I'll get on this morning and see what else happened....I just love the internet! Oh and the shavings this year are a dusty rose color...it looks just like brand new carpet.

Better get going....coffee and errands await!

No comments: