Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Friday!

The end of the work week is here...but I've noticed when you live and work on a farm Friday doesn't mean much except the next day you'll have more help because your kids aren't in school!

I get to do one of my most favorite things in all the world this morning...rehearse. I will be leading worship at a retreat this weekend and next and so I get to go practice with one of the best accompaniests in the world....Tim Hampton. Not only is he a talented piano player....playing mostly by ear, he is also the local funeral home owner. We practice at the funeral home in Hillsdale, it's always so dead around there! (Sorry, just had to do it!)

I will run some errands while in town and then head home to prepare dinner, do chores and head to the football game. Bobby has to do his civic duty and run the chains so we will milk without him. It might even be cold enough to warrant a winter coat tonight.

I keep forgetting to announce that we have another flute player in the family. Sarah has just started band and plays the flute. What a cost cutter since she can use mine. She's actually very good, the band teacher even had her demonstrate to the other flute players how to form their mouths to make a sound. I'm very proud of her and I am now planning on her getting a college scholarship in music...I can dream, can't I?

Better get to my column....yesterday's Hillsdale Daily News column arrived just under the wire!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very talented lady in so many areas. I love reading about other farm women. Missed you the last couple of days.

Melissa Hart said...

Awe...you're too kind...but thank you very much...I missed it too! But while I wasn't writing, I was able to bake two pies and my family thought we were having company!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back-congratulations on all your family's fair accomplishments and happy you fared okay with chores while the men were away. Seems like something really off the wall happens around here whenever my husband takes a day or two off! So you are a musician too!!!It's so wonderful you can pass that talent and love of music on to your daughter-what a blessing. Think the world would be a better place if we all spent more time talking and making music instead of being hypotized by all the media machines out there innundating us with too much unnessary information. Once again,welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

It is cool in the deep south also. 49 this A.M. A vest felt good when I went down to the shop.
S B H

Anonymous said...

You are so fortunate to have a flute player - my son decided he wanted to play the drum this year. Oh - my ears! At least I'm not alone in my loudness - there are two other boys on our block playing the drums as well. All of us mothers are commisserating together - and considering buying stock in ear plugs!
Beth in PA
PS - when will I see your column in Farmshine? Still waiting!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lissa! Alex has joined band this year too! I tried to talk him into playing the trumpet but was stubborn(I have no idea where he gets that from!) and decided on the clarinet! I hope Alex and Sara stick with band for a long time. We have some really great memories from band with Miss P!

Jules