Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Slow turn

Does the fall color seem a little slow in turning this year? I don't know why, but it seems like fall has been here a long time and the leaves are still green around here. I don't mind a slow turn...it means winter in a little further off...I hope.

While I used to enjoy winter when I was younger because the snow was pretty and fun to play in...now that I have to be out in it every morning and night...it's not as fun as it used to be. Coming in out of the cold into a warm house is much more enjoyable that it used to be.

We've had our corn stove running for a week now, but with the temps getting into the 60s there isn't much need for it today. It sure is nice to knock the edge off the cool evenings after coming in from the barn.

I've yet to dig potatoes...I think that should be on the top of the list today...especially since roast beef is on the menu for dinner today. What is a roast beef dinner without potatoes and good, smooth, dark gravy?

Coffee's ready!

No comments: