Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Frosty!

We finally have frost out this morning. I don't think I've ever been able to go out and pick fresh tomatoes for a salad in late October. I was even getting peas again...my second volunteer crop!

But that's all over with the thick frost out there all over everything. It's clear and sunny out and if I don't get some pictures snapped today the opportunity to show you autumn in Michigan will be completely gone.

By the way, I want to wish my sister a belated happy birthday, she turned .......one year older yesterday! We called her yesterday morning and by the time all the cousins got done catching up we had been on that phone for 2 hours! I had gone to town to run an errand and when I got home they were still talking! Happy Birthday Ginny!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always sad when the frost hits. We have had a wonderful late garden in southern Indiana and I sure hate to see it end and all those healthy delicious meals.
I love to read what you are writing, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Oh!OH Ginny must have hit the big 50!! Well we all gotta get there if the lord is willing! PH

Melissa Hart said...

Hey Linda When will your frost be likely to hit? I imagine your frost is quite a bit later than ours up here in Michigan.

And PH...no, she's not there yet...one more year and then she'll there...but I didn't know if she would want me to let the blog world know this fact..although she looks 35!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the compliment, Melissa! My hair may look 35, but the smile lines give me away. Ginny

PS- Who's PH?