Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, October 19, 2007

A howling good morning

This morning when we stepped out to head across the road to the barn we heard a strange noise. We both stopped dead in our tracts to listen for it again. Even Sadie stood frozen. We listened carefully and heard it again....it was the coyotes playing out in the woods. Boy is that an erie sound first thing in the morning with the wind howling around us.

Last night was a wild night in the midwest as tornadoes touched down in several places. Last evening I called my mom to ask if she wanted to go to the draft horse show today at the pavilion and the first thing out of her mouth was..."Are you okay?" I didn't bother to tell her JW was 30 miles south of us in the path of some bad weather and possible twisters at a volleyball game with his buddies. She would've worried all the more. I just have to say thank God for cell phones.

I called JW and all I could hear was screaming in the background with him saying, "I can't talk right now...I can't hear you, call me later." Meanwhile I'm sitting there looking at the weather warnings on tv seeing he's right in the thick of bad weather and doesn't have a clue. I guess him not knowing kept him from worrying too.

At 10 pm, he walked in the door and all was right in the world. I don't like this growing up stuff...I think I want to go back to changing diapers and stumbling over building blocks...it was so much easier then.

Sarah and I are headed to the Great Lakes Draft Horse Show this morning, she loves draft horses and so I thought it would be fun to spend the day at the show. Don't worry, I'm not leaving the laundry undone...I got that done yesterday! But as I walked into the laundry room, I see I've got enough for another load....it's endless.

No comments: