Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, October 8, 2007

Let's get it straight

Good Morning from the Knolltop! We are in the dog days of August here with heat and humidity. Wait, I just turned the calendar to October but that's not what the weather says....what's up with all this heat? Complaining? No....I shouldn't complain...afterall I don't want to be running the furnace any sooner than I need to and I don't know what the seed corn supply is like right now for burning in my cornstove...so no, I'm not complaining a bit....just sweating.

I think I'd better get one thing straight this morning. It was brought to my attention that some of you reading this blog were under the misconception that the "Sarah" I was writing about earlier who came to help me with chores and brought her byfriend was my daughter Sarah. NO, NO, NO...that was not my daughter, it was another gal named Sarah who is 17 years old and shows dairy cattle in 4-H.

My daughter is only 11 and according to her father will not be able to date until she is 35 or so. Hope this helps everyone out.

And, I need to apologize to the sensitive Ayrshire in Montana named Betzy Loo. Apparently I spelled her name all wrong...pointed out by her owner, the Montana dairyman, Tom. Sorry for such a huge mistake...imagine me the writer making such an error!

The boys are home from Madison with so many stories to spin. I don't know what stories are true and what are tales. They had a good time, but I could tell by the hugs, they were glad to be home.

No comments: