Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Corn harvest is up and going

Jake is off and running this morning with the neighbor who is combining corn. He will help with unloading, moisture testing, lunch eating and CB chats today as he and his best farming buddy, Rodney Schoenberger take in the "cheap corn" as he refers to it.

I will be cleaning up outside today, digging sweet pototoes and some white potatoes and then hopefully decorating the porches with some pumpkins and mums. I've got the orange orbs already, just have to pick out my mums. This afternoon we have a mess to clean up in heifer haven. Someone, who will remain nameless, left the hose running in the heifer water tank last night and flooded a couple of pens. We all make mistakes....it's just a little water.

Yesterday I had a wonderful time rehearsing with Tim. What I thought would be a two hour time stint turned into three and a half hours of constant singing. What a riot we had just going from song to song...he's amazing on the piano. IF no one dies late next week and he doesn't have a funeral on Saturday it will be a very fun weekend. And I know who to petition about that!

After a breakfast of pancakes and bacon with homemade syrup, I've got a sticky mess waiting for me....better get to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does Jake have any one to tell knock-knock jokes to? S B H