Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, October 5, 2007

Half here, half there.

While the big boys are in Madison, us younger ones are left to keep the cows milked and fed.

All went well yesterday. When I got in from milking, Sarah had breakfast on the table and the coffee made! It was wonderful to come in a sit down to eat without having the get it on the table myself. After I got the kid to school, I started the rest of chores. No breakdowns, no melt downs, no hitches...just routine chores.

When I got done spreading manure my neighbor called, so I pulled up the lawn chair and just sat and talked on my cell phone. When our called got dropped, I just sat there and enjoyed the sunshine. Boy was that nice just sitting there with no immediate chore pushing me to get up and go.

Then I pulled out the lawnmower, considering the lawn hadn't been mowed since before the fair...it was in bad shape! A trip to town was a sure bet since I needed a new belt and some string for my weed trimmer. So after a shower and a short nap, I headed to town. When I got home, I put the new belt on, started mowing the lawn and then it was time to pick up the kids. We started chores and the two teenagers that Bobby had hired to come help me with chores showed up early and we got a great start.

They were wonderful help, Sarah and Cody, they are "going out." This is a county fair romance that is still going a week later...they are great help and a very cute couple!

When all the chores were done, Sarah, Jake and I headed out for dinner. I gave them the choice of where they wanted to go and where did they choose? McDonalds!

I heard from the travelers when they got to Madison. JW called me every two hours. I'm sure he didn't mean to, but it just happened that way. Of course I didn't mind at all~

They checked in this morning already and gave me the run down of everything they did and everyone they've helped do chores. Apparently they got up just as early as they do at home, headed out to the grounds and just helped out where they could. I'm just glad I"m not with the....if I were there I would insist everyone stay in bed until at least 6 am! For heaven's sake it's a vacation!!!

Gotta run....chores to do, gutters to clean, manure to spread and yes, one column to write...shame on me for not getting it done yesterday!

No comments: