Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Growing weary

Okay, it's been fun, but it's time for the boys to get home.

I don't mind doing the chores, with my helpful crew, it's been a breeze...it's all the socializing that's done when all the work is through.

Yesterday at 11 am...I got the great idea to meet a girlfriend for lunch. We sat for two hours and caught up on things. I skidded into the school parking lot just in time to get the kids and made a date with another girlfriend who's husband was going to be gone for the evening. After getting back home and starting chores another girlfriend stopped in to drop off her daughter for the afternoon and I invited her along for the girls night out.

When chores were through, we headed to the restaurant and I got home promptly at 9 pm....I started yawning during dinner and we all decided I needed some sleep. I hit the hay after visiting with the kids and when the alarm went off this morning I just couldn't move.

I got all the chores done and had planned on heading to the outlet mall with mom, but I changed that slightly. My body just said, no, you need to shorten the trip and make it a shorter afternoon. So I'm headed to Jackson for a couple of hours and lunch of course. Then I'm coming home for a quick nap before all that milking stuff starts again.

Yes, the men need to come home so I can get some rest!

No comments: