Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Central Command

Okay, now I feel like a dispatcher at a business. Yesterday was truly one of those busy days that make you appreciate the slower winter days. After I delivered sandwiches to JW and Luke before they left for the baseball game, I picked up the neighbor kids and my two younger kids and delivered everyone to their respective homes. At 4 pm, Bobby headed south to Reading to JW's game. At 4:45 pm, I delivered Jake to his scrimmage where upon I found a ride home for him since I would be milking when he was finished. One of the dad's offered before I even asked, he knew it was milking time. I came home and Sarah and I started chores. Then at 7 pm, Sarah and the neighbor girl walked down to another neighbors to attend a 4-H meeting. At 7:15 pm, Nana and Joann, Bobby's mother and step grandmother arrived from Georgia. I immediately dispatched them to the ball field where Jake was playing so they could see a little of his baseball savvy in action and to bring him home. Bobby arrived home with Luke at 7:30 pm. I put Luke to work, dispatched Bobby to go pick JW up from the school and go over to see Nana and Joann at the ball field. Sarah arrived home after the 4-H meeting and shortly thereafter, Bobby, Nana, Joann, JW and Jake all pulled to HQ. After we finished up chores, we listened to Jake tell us about his scrimmage blow by blow and enjoyed fresh from the oven sweetrolls and cold, creamy milk. Now do you understand why I feel like a dispatcher? I need a CB and a handle!

No comments: