Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, May 24, 2007

County Fairs

The county fair has to be one of the best weeks of the year for any youngster involved in exhibiting livestock. It's a place where relationships are developed and hopes and dreams are realized. But in some places the county fair doesn't include livestock. My friend Trent Loos has been talking about this for a few weeks now concerning a fair in California that is eliminating livestock from it's fair. What is a county fair without the livestock? There's lots to be said for what our urban friends can learn from agricultural producers in a public venue like our fairs and exhibitions, but not if we're not there to teach them.

No comments: