Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Trent's surprise

Well, yesterday at the Illiniois State Capitol, Trent Loos and Frank Bowman, the President of the Horseman's Council of Illiniois stood outside the capitol and with two hundred horses in their horse trailer they began handing out stick horses to everyone who showed up. Horse enthusiasts, agricultural activists and even school children were handed not real horses, but a stick horse and conversations were started with those who were uneducated about the value of horse harvesting. By the time they were finished with their rally, almost everyone they talked to were either in agreement or had a better understanding of why we don't need a ban on horse slaughter. I said almost everyone, those on the Illiniois State Senate committee of public health weren't convinced and voted 7-0 to ban horse slaughter in the state of Illinois. But as I spoke to Trent today on the phone, he was true to form. He didn't feel defeated, just challenged.

No comments: