Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, May 4, 2007

You just never know

It's a beautiful sunny day here on the Knolltop. The corn is planted and as I write, the spray coup is going by outside my window. Now I really need to get to my garden! Last evening while I was typing something for my son, Luke, I discovered number one, that his spelling needs some improvement, but the other was his perspective in several areas of his life. He had to write an ABC book with every letter in the alphabet representing something. For example, H was for Holly, his show cow. He went on and on about her winnings in the showring. Another was J was for Jake, his younger brother who was in a tragic accident a few years back and had to learn to walk again. Another was F for football and was actually the insert that was the most surprising. It was with this entry that I learned that Luke loves showing cows more than playing football when wrote that he was not going to play football this fall, instead he was going to take Holly to World Dairy Expo in October. I guess I'd better make some motel reservations in Madison.

No comments: