Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Friday, May 18, 2007

Spring things

Because it's the end of the school year, we are heavy into concerts, plays and award ceremonies. Last evening we attended the band concert. JW plays percussion in the high school band and Luke plays percussion in the Jr High band. Of course we're dairy farmers so we were five minutes late, but we made it and I thoroughly enjoyed every note. I went to a much bigger school than my children attend. We have 400 students k-12 here so things are a little different. In a school this small everyone does everything. You'll find that the athletes aren't seperated from the band geeks and the drama and chorus people also play sports. When I was growing up, you were either in band or an athlete. Yes there were a few who did both, but not as many as in the smaller schools. In addition there were some kids who played certain sports instead of playing all three seasons. In our small district, if you're good at one sport and not another it doesn't matter, you go out for all three seasons because if you need that buddy to play baseball with you to have enough players then you'd better play basketball with him, even if you don't like it or aren't particularly good. Well, better get to my dishes, I've got to buy groceries today and mow this afternoon before the baseball game and children's spring program. Oh yeah and the cows must be milked tonight too!

No comments: