Knolltop Farm Wife

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. I live on a dairy farm with my family and I enjoy sharing our life with family, friends and anyone else who wants to visit the farm. There's no telling what the I will write about from day to day, but hopefully you'll be enriched when you stop by! Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Perked or drip?

How many people perk their coffee anymore? Well, I do...now. I've been doing the automatic coffee for years now, but my favorite coffee maker gave out and now I have substitute. It was when I broke the substitute pot that I decided I needed to go back to perked coffee on the stove. I'd forgotten how good perked coffee could be. So this morning as I was cooking breakfast, I was treated to the wonderful smells of perked coffee and sausage sizzling in a black iron skillet on the stove. What a great sensation for my kids to wake up to down on the farm!