Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Those blasted heifers

While things were sparking at the baseball diamond, back at home, things were happening too. When I came home to milk after the fourth inning, I walked in the milkhouse and heard the cows mooing. I thought it was odd that they were so noisy. It was when I heard paper rustling that I figured something was up. When I walked into the stable, I was met with a yearling heifer trying to eat all the milk replacer. I took a look around and saw all the heifers miandering around the barn looking for trouble. The hay cart was turned over, there were heifers with their heads in the grain cart, others were knocking over anything that would move, it was like watching a bunch of toddlers playing in McDonalds playland. Those heifers were everywhere. After chasing them all back out to pasture, the clean up began. The rest of the family was home before I even put the first milker on, which meant, I had help! I guess the heifers caused me some work, but also got me some help!

No comments: