Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday Test

This morning the milk tester came. He comes once a month and weighs the milk that each cow is giving and then takes a sample to see how much butterfat and protein each cow is giving. They also test for how clean the milk is by testing the somatic cell count. It's always fun to have the milk tester come, he delivers the news from other farms around the area. Some would call this gossip, we chose to call it "sharing information." Gossip sounds better by another name. :) I'm kidding about that, really we do talk about other farmers, how many cows they're milking, who lost hired help, who's expanding... etc. Well, I'd better get breakfast on the table and get these kids moving...and get my coffee perking!

No comments: