Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, May 24, 2007

The loss

Well, Jake has his big start last night and I know you most likely missed it on the ESPN highlights, so I'll report it for you. Jake started out catching for 5 innings and then pitched for another 20 innings, or what seemed like 20 innings. You know at that 8-10 age group, baseball is kind of like watching paint dry, so a game that should've taken about an hour and a half, took two and a half hours to complete and that was only because the ump got tired and asked if the game could be done. They ended up losing by 10 runs, so it wasn't a nailbiter to say the least. But Jake had a single and a double, grounded out and was walked. So all in all, it was a good night as far as mom is concerned, but not for Jake...he wanted to win. More later, I'm being summoned!

No comments: