Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Is it hot enough?

It's been like July the past few days here on the Knolltop. But I like it. Because we live in an old farmhouse we don't have central air. Our upstairs gets really hot during the day and as the kids climb the stairs to go to bed I hear grumblings about how hot it is up there! So this morning when I woke up and walked through the livingroom to make the coffee, there were two bodies on the couches who must have overheated upstairs. I remember as a kid having to sleep in a hot upstairs. We just put a fan in the window and went to sleep. I don't remember it being that bad. Speaking of being hot, Jake had another game last night and he was sweaty from head to toe. He was the catcher and when I looked at his hair I could see little grains of dirt mixed in with the sweat from when he throws his mask on the ground to scramble for the ball. When he puts the mask back on he has to empty out the dirt, but a lot goes right in his hair. Gramps and Grandma made it to the game and Grandma was commenting about his little red face and the sweat on his nose and how he really needed to just lay down and take a break because he was getting too hot. She sprung for ice cream after the game. I think Jake likes to sweat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see a little color on your blog !!!! Great cow!!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of your daughter painting grandpa's fingernails. Our daughter did that to my husband one Saturday night only to discover that we didn't have polish remover in the house. We figured we would stop at Wal-Mart after church the next day. We knew everyone at church would get a good laugh knowing that Hailey has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. As fate would have it, my husband had a reaction to medication, passed out in church and was sent in an ambulance to the ER that day. I swear I had to explain to every hospital employee who came in to his room why he was wearing bright pink finger nail polish. Lesson learned - we now keep finger nail polish remover in the house at all times!

Melissa Hart said...

anonymous...thanks for your comment. Just wondering if you were sent to say that by my mom or not. She'd love to see more color in our herd here on the Knolltop!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Y'all are as hot as we are here in Texas!!