Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sun and Rain

Yesterday started out so sunny and warm. After chores, the neighbor stopped down to discuss our District II Holstein show and sale happening in June. Then Nana and Joann showed up and Joann and I went for a walk. Then Bobby and I wanted the southern belles to feel at home so we went out for some BBQ in Jonesville. We stuffed ourselves and had to be rolled out to the car. When we got home it was time to deliver sandwiches and pick up kids to get ready for the ballgame. With the clouds rolling in and the rain beginning to fall, we figured we were out of luck at watching any baseball. But we were wrong...for a while....we watched 3 innings of baseball and then the rain chased us away. Back at home, the heifers were all out standing under the apple tree in the pasture trying not to get wet and I had help milking thanks to the rain. When the chores were done, we settled in for a night of American Idol.

No comments: