Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Baling on the hottest day


Well, I have to say, I'm the lucky one to be the dispatcher today. I get to stay inside and run things while the rest of the crew is baling hay, unloading hay, delivering wagons, delivering water and supporting the crew on this very steamy day.

Luke got to use his tractor today for something other than riding in a parade. He got to rake hay and there is nothing better than watching a young boy on his tractor doing a man's job. Let's just say Luke is all business today. Those of you on farms and ranches across this great nation can relate to the value of a young man contributing to the family business with something of his own. It's a great feeling.

Now that JW can drive all on his own...and let me tell you...it was a little scary watching he and Luke drive out of the yard last night to head to TSC for baling supplies....we now have someone who can run to town for this and that. And he loves it! Today he went to the John Deere dealership for shear pins for the baler. Anything to drive down the road!

Yesterday was also a fun day because I was on Rural Route Radio with Trent and Kyle. It was really great because we discussed the topic from the day before. If you get a chance, listen to Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. You'll be amazed at what crazy ideas are out there from people. One vegan believes that if we all stop eating animal products, meat and dairy, then the world will return to paradise, like before when Adam and Eve had sinned and that crime will go down and that we won't have so many sociopaths because people who eat meat have sociopathic tendencies. Interesting.....

No comments: