Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Horse show fun

Yesterday was a beautiful day and it seemed like I could relax and enjoy what I was doing. I attended a meeting, came home, took a nap, got groceries, cooked dinner, did chores and then we to a horse show at the local fairgrounds.


We have some good friends in our 4-H club who have a couple of kids who show horses. They aren't seriously into the horse showing thing...I mean, they keep their horses at their own farm and ride them without the assistance of a round pen, a personal trainer and all the expensive garb that seems to be required to show a horse. No, these are the type of people who hop on, ride around the farm, run around some barrels and generally enjoy a horse.


Last night at the fairgrounds they had a gymkana horse show where they have barrel racing, pole bending and other fun events. We went to watch our friends and this family had a daughter who Luke has been sweet on for a long time. Actually they are what you call "going out." No, they don't go anywhere or do anything and IF the talk on the phone it's a conversation that involves a hello, goodbye and maybe a couple of "whacha doin'...nothin'....what you doin'...nothin..." and that's about it. Their relationship is a state of mind more than anything else since she lives in the southern part of the county. Really, if junior high kids have to have a relationship, which I don't think is required at all...it's the best kind of relationship.


Well, I'd better get ready for church! Mr. K. called and said he had sweetcorn for me today!

No comments: