Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Growth spurt

It's a rainy morning here on the Knolltop. It's been raining ever since we got up to milk early this morning. And it's still cool...yes, it feels like fall.

Yesterday I witnessed a growth spurt in Jake. Being the youngest of four you have to wait your turn in lots of ways. The older boys were gone yesterday so if Big Daddy needed any help, he had to rely on Jake. Bobby was out mixing feed yesterday afternoon and I looked out to see a little person in the tractor. Jake had weaseled his way into helping out with the feeding, which Bobby didn't object to at all. Then when it was time to go help with another project that involved using the skidsteer, guess who ended up in the drivers seat? Yes, it was Jake.

While I was milking, I saw Jake driving the skidsteer with Bobby riding in the bucket. It was such a funny picture. A few minutes later, I turned from dipping a cow and there was Jake, I almost had to look up to see him...he felt 10 feet tall and looked it too. With a wide grin on his face and a slightly deeper voice he explained with great detail everything he and Daddy had to do.

I asked him..."Isn't it great not having the older boys here to do all that? Now you get your turn." He walked away saying "Yep, I think I'd better go check on Daddy."

No comments: