Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Thursday, August 2, 2007

More like Georgia

This weather has got to come to an end! It feels just like Georgia...hot and steamy. Although I don't mind the hot, I really don't like the steamy...but how can I change it? I can't so on to something else...it just made a really good post header!

Yesterday was a great day. The boys left early to go pick rocks for the neighbor...oh how they wished there was something pressing to do here on this farm yesterday...they really hate picking rocks. But who doesn't? That's just one of those things a farm kid has to endure at some point. It's a rite of passage of sorts. You aren't a true farm kid unless you've picked rocks on a hot summer day in a dry field coming home with a dirt covered face looking like you're wearing eye liner.

I had my rock picking days....with my dad and brother. I even have evidence from it. While out in the hot sun with my dad on the loader tractor and my brother and I walking and picking, I picked up two rocks and put them together so I could put them both in the loader at the same time. They were too heavy and too big for me to carry one in each hand so by putting them together I could manage it better. In true Melissa fashion, I accidently smashed my middle finger in between the two rocks. Oh it bled and bled and it hurt and hurt. My Air Force Medic dad decided it just needed a bandaide and it would be fine. Today you can still see a lump on the tip of my middle finger because it healed that way. I don't mind it, it's kind of like a rock picking battle scare. And don't think I didn't show it off and wave it around the other day when I heard all that complaining!

One good thing came from that accident...our rock picking session ended early!

Coffee is perked, gotta go...more later about the rest of the day...so much fun!

No comments: