Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's a muggy morning here on the Knolltop and promising to be a hot day. But this is the last day for heat and we are cooling off for the rest of the weekend.

Yesterday was a great day of shopping with the kids. We hit sale after sale after sale. In fact, I must brag about Jake's shirt. We found an Ohio State shirt for $1.80...now that's a sale! It's not that OSU is our favorite school or anything, but it's an ag school and we love all ag colleges. And of course we root for every team who plays against U of M....and I mean every team!

Needless to say, Grandma had a great day with her grandkids as she watched those teenagers act like toddlers in the store. I thought I had them trained on how to behave in a store, but no, they pretended to be manikins, clothing models and played hide and seek among the clothes.

You can clearly see these farm kids don't get to the big city too often. After a morning of powershopping, we hit the Old Country Buffet and we watched them eat like there was no tomorrow. Grandma loves to watch her grandsons eat.

Now, I've got to go compile my results and send a letter off to Mr. Loos. I will post it when I get it done...this will be so fun!

No comments: