Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Nothin' at the auction

Nothin' but fun at the auction in town. Jake, Big Daddy and I went up to the fairgrounds late this morning after all the sortin' and treatin' chores were done. This auction is called the Hillsdale Auction and anyone and everyone brings their treasures and junk up to sell. They have several rows of junk that the auctioneers go through and sell. They also have piles of hay and straw, chickens, ducks, rabbits, potbellied pigs, turkeys you name it they sell it. Other people bring up produce, flea market stuff...just all kinds of junk. One neighbor calls it poverty exchange.

None the less, it's always an interesting place to go on Saturday mornings and it's been going since the beginning of time....I think. This morning one interesting item was a black Tennessee Walker that a man was riding up and down the hay isle trying to catch an eye. She was a pretty mare...pretty old...but still pretty. I forgot my camera, otherwise I could've shown her to you.

One of our friends hopped on the mare and took her for a spin, but the man told her not to go too fast...her bridle was loose. Hmmmmm......I wanted to say, tighten that baby up and get going, let's see her walk! But I kept my mouth shut...mostly because my mouth was full of ice cream that Jake made me buy!

I'm headed to the garden to see what there is that's ready for dinner.

No comments: