Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Opening night

Last night was the opening night of football for our little town. It had to have been the longest game on record running frm 7 - 11 pm. Four minutes into the second quarter there was lightening and they had to delay the game for 30 minutes. Then more lightening came and a second delay ensued. Finally the second quarter got started about 8:45 or so...and we got in the van to come home at 11pm.

The delay gave me time to come home and make caramel corn so that was just fine with me. I would've come home for the evening, but Bobby is on the chain gang so I waited for him. It turned out to be a nice night....although the fog was rolling in pretty good by the end of the game. What a night. Oh, by the way, we lost.

It's still misty today, but they say it will clear off! When it finally does, I will get the rest of the lawn mowed! I think I'll be canning some salsa soon, the tomatoes are finally coming on. And while I can't do much outside, I think I'll stay in and clean...oh what fun...and then some laundry....this might be more fun than I can handle in one day! Actually, I enjoy a clean house...it's just getting in there that I don't like.

I'm sending the kids out to work with their heifers. Yesterday Luke took Holly for a long walk down the road to see if her attitude would improve. He said it made a difference. But they have to be persistant if they want to do well in showmanship and in their breed classes at the fair. I keep telling them it will pay off in the end! They just don't see it right now.

JW is still on his trip. Yesterday they toured Select Sires in Plain City, and today they will be at Quietcove Holsteins and Topp-View down on the western side of Ohio. He called yesterday, sounds like they were having a good time. I sure do miss him.

No comments: