Knolltop Farm Wife (Melissa Hart)

Welcome to my blog! I'm a wife, mother of four and a self-employed freelance writer. In addition to writing, I am involved in producing several dairy magazines and am the editor of Dairy Agenda Today where I have a blog there as well! This is a place where I can get what's in my head, down on paper (the internet). I hope you find encouragement and maybe a giggle or two!
Follow me on instagram @farmwriter

Monday, August 27, 2007

Can you say Cohoctah?

It's another sunny morning here on the Knolltop. At 4 this morning it was 52 out, so a sweatshirt was a must for milking.

Also at 4 in the morning, I watch the national news and my dad's small little town was on the map and they even said it correctly. Cohoctah was in the news because of a tornado that went through there... watching national news and seeing Cohoctah show up on a map was a real eye opener that early. It's a great little town that holds many wonderful memories. That's where my grandparents lived and my grandfather and then uncle owned an implement dealership there. We had great times at the "shop" running around in between torn apart tractors and riding around on those rolling stools that the mechanics used. I can smell it now and I can hear the creaks in the floor as we walked across the salesroom. What a great place!

Better go get breakfast...after that I've got a poll I want you to participate in...more later.

No comments: